Shrimp And Grits-ish
Prep Time: 25 min
Makes: 2 servings
For the “grits”:
- 1 LARGE HEAD OF CAULIFLOWER, CUT DOWN TO FLORETS
- 1 CUP MILK
- 2 TBS BUTTER
- SALT & PEPPER, TO TASTE
- ½ CUP GRATED CHEESE OF CHOICE
For the shrimp:
- 2 TBS OLIVE OIL
- 4 LINKS SAUSAGE OF YOUR CHOICE, SLICED
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
- 8-10 MEDIUM-LARGE SHRIMP, PEELED AND DEVEINED
- 1 TBS LEMON JUICE
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until fine, slightly smaller than grains of rice. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of the food processor.
- Transfer minced cauliflower to a large pan, add milk and butter and bring to a simmer. Stir over medium-high heat for approximately 10 minutes, until the mixture comes together, looking like grits.
- Removed from heat, add salt & pepper as needed. Stir in cheese until completely melted. Set aside, cover to keep warm while making shrimp.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add sausage, cook over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes
- Add shrimp and garlic to the pan with sausage and continue to sauté until shrimp turns pink, indicating it is cooked through, approx. 2-3 mins per side
- Remove from heat, finish with lemon juice. Plate cauliflower, spoon shrimp & sausage mixture over “grits”, serve immediately
Note: for a lighter option, omit sausage all together OR if no sausage is on hand, bacon works wonderfully in this dish as well.
Categories: Brand or Business
Passionate about brands, businesses, digital visibility and entertainment.